Please check here for ongoing updates about service changes and community care amidst COVID-19 precautions.
Worship Update - Wednesday, March 18, 2020
We live in a season of many unknowns, but at Washington Community Fellowship, we are committed to being a community of hope, love and grace in the midst of so many unknowns. We are reminded that God is in control. Jesus is still leading us and the Spirit of God is still working in the lives of people around us.
We are so grateful for many who participated in our first live stream service on Sunday, March 15th. We appreciated your comments and prayer requests that reminded us of the unique gift that we as a faith community have to offer to the wider community.
We want to continue being this kind of community and the kind of community that cares for the safety of our most vulnerable. In light of the CDC and government authorities' recommendations to limit gatherings of more than 10 people for the next eight weeks, the building is closed for gatherings in person through May 17th.
Here are three opportunities for you to live out our mission at WCF:
- Worship: We are preparing to run live online worship services for the coming weeks. They will be simpler in format, but meaningful. Live broadcast links and instructions will be found at wcfchurch.org/live. Tune in at 10am on Sunday to join us and participate online.
- Gather: Though we can't gather in-person, we are planning guided morning and evening prayers for you to connect with God in community with others. Check out the details and schedule for these gatherings here: https://wcfchurch.org/connect/online-prayer
- Your time - Lend a hand to those in our community most affected by the shutdown. Find out how you can help by emailing the deacons.
- Your resources - Our most vulnerable neighbors (hourly/gig workers, shut-ins and those who depend on social support) are severely impacted by the shutdowns. Consider directing your budgets for discretionary spending like entertainment, sports, gym memberships, travel and eating-out towards organizations like Little Lights, Central Union Mission, or other organizations doing great work in the city.
- To support our continued mission at Washington Community Fellowship at wcfchurch.org/give
If you missed, the update from the Elders on March 12th, you can read it here.