Work with a diverse multi-denominational congregation in the heart of Capitol Hill. Job opportunities listed below:
Washington Community Fellowship has an opportunity to meet the needs of vulnerable students in Washington, DC by providing a safe space for students to do virtual learning at the WCF facility--a new initiative called the Digital Learning Lab. At this time, the proposal involves hosting 5-10 upper elementary or middle-school students in the fellowship hall area while they conduct their virtual learning online from 12:30-3:30 pm, Monday through Friday for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.
Applications and/or inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2020.
This Digital Learning Lab Program Coordinator position is envisioned to be a temporary part-time paid position (up to 20 hours per week) and reports to the Minister, Children and Communications. This position will be reviewed at the end of six months.
The program's mission is to bridge the pandemic education gap and share the love of Christ with students in the neighborhood through free wifi, quiet and safe learning spaces, adult supervision, and opportunities to explore their relationship with God.
- Spiritually mature and committed to Jesus Christ
- Committed to WCF’s vision, mission and core values statements and the doctrinal statements adopted by WCF throughout its history
- Cares about connecting people from all walks of faith in Christ
- Faithful to the church and staff
- Thrives in an environment where team input and ideas are welcomed and challenged.
- Team player that works well with others
- Passionate about the development and nurture of love for Jesus in children
- Possesses Capacity and desire to lead and equip volunteers
- Possesses administrative expertise to plan, implement and guide the Digital Learning Lab Program
Desired Qualifications for Position:
- College graduate
- Two to four years of previous experience working with volunteers and a solid understanding of technological and communications tools and resources preferred
- Proven experience in maintaining a nurturing classroom environment
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop schedules and program activities in conjunction with Minister, Children & Communications
- Communicate with parents to ensure understanding of program
- Obtain parental permissions as necessary
- Communicate with school social worker(s) to obtain student schedules
- Organize daily snack/lunch for students
- Design fellowship hall space for students—confirm distancing for students from different homes.
- Oversee completion of daily heath attestation and temperature checks
- Provide appropriate PPE for volunteers and students
- Oversee daily volunteer(s) and students engagement
- Ensure that space is clean and ready for student arrival; clean at the end of each session
- Coordinate enrichment sessions for students as schedule allows—Bible study, art classes, etc.
- Plan outdoor breaks and independent activities for students when not in class